One size very rarely fits all. Our internal engineering and fabrication teams provide specialized customization services suited to the needs of your distillery and operations. We have direct experience in CO2 capture systems, grain handling and separation systems, modular boiler houses and utility systems and plant industrial controls integration.
- Assistance with upstream or downstream distillation process development and scale-up,
- Feasibility testing prior to project approval,
- Custom manufacturing,
- Turnkey modular systems.
Our consulting team possess extensive experience in the field of distillation of over 20 years and millions of gallons of finished product and specialized experience in the production of beverage alcohol for over 10 years. We will assist you with every aspect of your distillery needs, from conceptualization to commissioning to production (mashing, fermentation, distillation, barrel and logistics management).
Our team contains experience across a wide range of product types and distillation processing methods; including but not limited to;
- Atmospheric and vacuum distillation,
- Trayed, Structured and Packed internal style distillation columns,
- Wiped Film and Falling Film Evaporators,
- External Reboiler and Steam Injection distillation processes,
- Utilities management including low and high pressure steam, cooling water systems, chillers, hot oil fluid heater systems,
- Electrical and Instrumentation experience including Allen Bradley and Emerson Process Management systems,
- Design of variable control ethanol processing systems, exclusive to beverage alcohol.
Headframe Stills curates a Community of professionals who are at the top of their fields in beverage alcohol, distillation technology, utility systems provisions and packaging. We personally vet each group that we chose to work with for their level of knowledge and direct experience in the field of beverage alcohol. If we don’t have the answer in house, we have direct and immediate access to the companies and individuals who are recognized as the best in their field. By working with Headframe, you will receive a one-stop-shop to a host of world class resources.
If you require training on any aspect of running a distillery, our team is prepared to host you at our facility or we can come to your distillery and train you in situ on your equipment. At our facility in Montana we produce 4,000 barrels of Single Malt Whiskey annually. By utilizing this location to custom train you and your entire team, we will quickly bring you up to speed on all aspects of running distilleries with training on;
- Fluid handling, pump usage, tank management, etc.,
- Proofing, blending and mixing of liqueurs and standard alcohols,
- Mashing, fermentation and optimizing for total alcohol recovery and efficiency,
- Botanical extraction techniques and processes,
- Cooperage and oak maturation techniques,
- Product flavor management techniques,
- Lab training from basic tools such as pH and Gravity measurement to advanced tools such as HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) and GC (Gas Chromatography).
Headframe Stills’ team is a cross-functional group of engineers and fabricators who are capable of solving most any issues a distillery may encounter. We are highly experienced in maintaining rotating equipment, Instrumentation and Electrical controls and large distillation systems not directly fabricated by Headframe Stills.